Ah…my love for pizzas these days is CRAZY….I could have them for breakfast, lunch and dinner! AND.I.HAVE!!!! Literally.
I mean who wouldn’t love a scrumptious breakfast pizza piled high with bacon, cheese, green onions and eggs that are sunny side up???? To.die.for….seriously good food.
With my favorite pizza dough recipe…or even one of your store bought favorites, you can have a breakfast pizza whipped up in no time. A true comfort food.
Also, you can easily change this pizza by adding sausage, chorizo, ham or all of the above if that’s your game. Whatever goes..easy peazy is the goal!
The possibilities are endless. (I’m already thinking of my next combination…so good.)
Recipe Thought……It would even be great with mortadella or proscuitto for an Italian twist.
I have blogged a lot lately about my Baking Steel….which I ADORE….but honestly I could not make these glorious pizzas without it! (BTW…my Baking Steel was purchased by me and I am not affiliated with them nor sponsored by them, just FYI.)
Tip: Make sure to preheat your Baking Steel in a 500 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour before you bake your pizzas and they will come out perfectly. This tip really is the key!
Another Recipe Thought……a thin layer of hash-browns layered on this pizza would also be a great option. YUM….love potatoes on anything. Why not?
Breakfast Pizza with Bacon, Green Onions & Sunny Side Up Eggs.
- 1 pizza dough rolled out in a thin layer
- 1 tbsp olive oil plus more if desired
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese divided
- 3 bacon strips cooked and chopped
- 3 green onions sliced thinly
- 4 eggs
Preheat the oven and the baking steel at 500 degrees for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- On a pizza peel lined with parchment paper, roll the pizza dough out in a thin layer.
- Drizzle the olive oil all over the pizza dough.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and salt & pepper.
- Place the bacon and green onions all over the pizza in an even layer.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese over the pizza.
- Crack each egg in the four sections of the pizza and lightly season with salt.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the pizza and drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil. *
- Bake for about 6 to 7 minutes or until the egg whites are just set.**
A slice of “good morning” right there…Just sayin’.
#breakfastpizza #ourlifesblessings #foodgawker #foodblogfeed #feedfeed #goodeats #f52grams f52breakfastpizza