Okay, y’all….this.is.so.good!!! It’s so good, I may or may
not have had two helpings! THAT.GOOD!
It reminds me of the wedge salad at Brio’s that I LOVE so much!!! It’s creamy and simple…but, I think that’s what I love most about it!
I made the dressing with Gorgonzola instead of Parmesan. I taste Parmesan in Brio’s dressing and I think it’s the bomb, but I wanted to branch out with the Gorgonzola! The garlic, pepper and Gorgonzola flavors together are amazing!
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1/4 cup of mayo (I use Hellman’s light)
- 1/4 cup of sour cream….again, I use the light version
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 clove of garlic minced (use 2 for a stronger bite)
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1/4 cup of crumbled Gorgonzola
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 head of iceberg lettuce halved, halved again and halved again keeping the core attached (you should get 8 total wedges)
- 1 medium tomato diced or 20 cherry tomatoes halved
- 4 strips of cooked bacon chopped
***Recipe inspired by Brio’s Italian Restaurant.
In a food processor, combine all of the dressing ingredients and blend well. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
To plate the salad, place a wedge on a serving plate and sprinkle lightly with salt & pepper. Top with some tomato and bacon and drizzle the creamy Gorgonzola dressing over the top. Generously or not….it’s up to you! ***you do not have to limit this dressing to a wedge salad…..i sure don’t!
This salad dressing and salad are AMAZING…..I just love it! It’s a great side for steaks, pastas, lasagna, but it’s great as a main course if that’s what you choose! That’s how I chose to gobble it up!!! So yummy!