Let’s face it…there are so many great biscuit recipes out there, but this one never fails me.
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 5 tbsp of cold butter cut into cubes
- 3 tbsp of shortening cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup of butter milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup of chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup of sharp cheddar cheese freshly grated
Here’s how I made them:
- In a mixing bowl mix the flour, salt and baking powder together well.
- Add the cheese and coat well with the flour mixture so that it does not clump together.
- Cut in the butter and shortening until you the consistency of the butter and shortening looks like peas.
- Add in the green onions.
- Stir in the buttermilk and mix just until incorporated.
- Roll out dough on floured surface to about 1/2 inch thickness and use a biscuit cutter to cut out your biscuits.
- Bake in a 400° oven for 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown.
- Brush the biscuits with melted butter and set aside to cool.
Okay….this picture just does NOT do these yummy, fluffy biscuits justice!!!! They are phenomenally yummy!! These are great with any comfort food really…they work for breakfast, lunch, dinner or whenever….they ARE that good! Not to mention…it takes no time to whip them up.