I love sunsets…and this Bellini reminds me of them! We had a wonderful sunset tonight on our farm…and since it’s fall now and not summer, I wanted to sunset up my regular peach Bellini recipe and make it a tad bit more fall~ish!! The addition of lime didn’t necessarily do enough for me because…let’s face it…..lime reminds me of summer also. so, i added hint of nutmeg and cinnamon to my peach/lime puree….and what a treat! (a little of both of these spices will go a long way…just a side note) the addition of same spices to my pink sanding sugar and lime zest just added to my sunset themed Bellini. the color turned out perfect!
What you will need:
1/2 bag of frozen freestone peaches…i let them slightly thaw before adding them to my blender because I like a more frozen, chunkier puree.
1/2 cup of simple syrup (one part sugar, one part water, 1/4 tsp lime zest)
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
juice of half of the lime
1 bottle of champagne/prosecco
sanding sugar for rimmed glasses **optional
- puree the peaches, simple syrup and spices until smooth. (store in refrigerator until ready to use)
- add spices to the sanding sugar and mix well.
- rim glasses with a lime wedge so that the sanding sugar will stick to the rim.
- set the glass rim down into the sanding sugar and spices and set aside.
- put 1 to 2 tbsp of peach puree into glass and pour in the champagne/prosecco.
- garnish and serve.
this is a great recipe to vary. i’ve done raspberry, strawberry, blackberry, blueberry, etc with this same base recipe. be creative and enjoy!
SIMPLE SYRUP: bring 1/2 cup of water, 1/2 cup of sugar and lime zest to a simmering boil and set aside to cool. you are basically just wanting the sugar to dissolve, the lime zest to flavor and the mixture to become a little thicker.