Pardon my title….it’s the first grade teacher in me….we used to sing this song every Thursday morning as a campus to get our day started off right!!! LOVE this song…still!
Anyways, I wanted to share an easy, peasy, fantastic, delicioso pizza dough recipe with you. After years of trying to find that one recipe that really works….I did it…and I’m not lying….so easy!
- 1 cup plus 1 tbsp of Zero (00) flour (I use Antimo Caputo Chef’s “00” Flour)
- 1 cup plus 2 tbsp of all purpose flour
- 1 tsp of kosher salt or more, depending on your taste
- 3/4 tsp of active dry yeast
- 1tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp of sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours and salt. In a separate bowl, combine the lukewarm water, evoo, sugar and yeast and set aside to activate…about 5 minutes.
- Pour the yeast mixture into the flour mixture and combine with your hands. Do not overwork the dough…once it comes together, pull it from the bowl and knead for about 3 minutes on a floured surface until you can shape it into a ball.
- Place in an oiled bowl and cover for 15 minutes in a warm place. (I use my warming drawer, but the oven is a great option as well….just make sure the oven is off.)
- Knead the dough again for another 3 minutes then form into a ball and cut in half.
- Place the dough balls on an oiled sheet pan and cover with a damp cloth for up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Let the dough sit at room temperature for at least 25 minutes before you form it into a pizza shape and bake.
**I make this pizza dough by hand when I’m feeling lazy and don’t want to dirty up my Kitchen-aid Mix master or food processor, but it works great using those as well!
YUMMMMMM….makes me want a pizza right now!!! Nothing like homemade pizza!
5 thoughts on ““I’ve got Pizza LUH..UH..OVE”…sing with me please…”