Okay, so yesterday, I could not stop thinking about lettuce wraps. You know, the ones like at PF Changs and Cheesecake Factory? Just two of the Restaurants I LOVE….!!!! SO…..I decided to give it a try for dinner last night. Was I successful???? I sure think so…because there was not a bite left!!!! Plus….it was a great HEALTHY dinner for us. Here’s how I made these yummy lettuce wraps.
- 1 lb ground chicken (I used extra lean)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 scallions chopped
- 1 can drained water chestnuts chopped
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup of Hoisin Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of sriracha (I may have used a little more….I like it spicy)
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of ginger finely chopped
- 1 head of butter lettuce
Brown the ground chicken in an iron skillet on medium high until cooked. (Add salt & pepper during the cooking process.) Once the chicken is cooked, add the onion, garlic, water chestnuts and the ginger and cook for 2 to 5 minutes until the onions are tender. Now you are ready to add in the vinegar, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, water and sriracha. Let it simmer together for about 20 minutes so that the flavors can combine. Right before serving, add the scallions for extra flavor and garnish. Serve on butter lettuce and enjoy!!! SO good!