On a day when it’s rainy and cold…when you want something a little comforting while you are curled up with a good book or movie…or a good blog:)….here is a great Low-fat recipe you are going to LOVE!!! Yes, I know that it is “ANOTHER” soup recipe…as my girls would say, but it’s packed with flavor and it will warm your heart, soul and belly!!!
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
- 1 pound Turkey, ground
- 1 medium red pepper
- 2 medium stalks of celery
- 1 medium onions
- 1 package of fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup water
- 3 cups Chicken Broth 99% Fat Free
- 1 cup instant brown rice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- Brown turkey in 1tbs of olive oil.
- Add in celery, onions, garlic, thyme, red pepper flakes and salt and pepper. Sauté until all of the vegetables are tender. (About 5 min.)
- Add the white wine to deglaze.
- Add water and chicken broth. Let the soup come to a good boil and then add the rice. Bring it back to a boil and then put it on a low simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Just before serving, add the spinach. Let it cook for a couple of minutes more, then you are ready to serve and enjoy:)
This soup is approximately 150 calories and 3 grams of fat per serving, so you can enjoy it free of guilt!!! Yum:)
|**I like to serve this soup with a little sprinkling of freshly grated parmesan cheese just before serving it….adds such a yummy, nutty flavor to the soup!!! Anythings better with cheese, right????|